Lost American Tour

1.16.2006

Tomorrow Comes Today

I leave tomorrow.

That statement is huge. It was a lot of work to get to this point.

Next time I travel, I'm just taking my credit cards and my passport. Packing is a lot of bullshit. The only thing I am happy to carry along is a copy of Ender's Game. The book has been halfway around the world with me before.

Also, I emailed all my friends to let them know about my blog of my trip, so they can travel europe vicariously. I hear some of you are still in school... that sucks.

I promise I will be doing ridiculous things daily. All of which will be posted here.

The other day I stopped by my grandma's house to say goodbye. My mom told her that I'd be keeping in touch through email. And my grandma says something like, "Oh, yeah, they have chatrooms in Europe. That'll be nice." I blue-screened for a couple of seconds. I couldn't figure out if I'd just heard the word chatroom come out of her mouth. I'm pretty sure the woman meant internet cafes, but I was mostly surprised that she knew a chatroom had something to do with the internet.

Then she asked about kissing the Barney Stone. I wonder if that's like the Blarney Stone? Heh.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

be safe els! have a great time!
-alph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home