Lost American Tour

2.12.2006

Nothing Consequential From Berlin

Here are the headlines from my last 48 hours.

Yosoy is a Pepsi place
I ate at this tapas bar. Well, as tapas as Berlin can be. I wasn't drinking, which is confusing at a tapas bar. But the point of the story is that they only had Pepsi products. Where am I?

How little I can live with
This trip has taught me just how little I can live with and still be happy. I have, maybe, 6 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, underwear, 5 pairs of socks, 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of sandals, bathroom stuff, a couple of books (bought on the road), my camera, my journal, a coat, scarf, and hat, a pair of gloves, and a blanket. Everything I've had with me for the last month fits in a 21" by 14" by 7" backpack. And somehow I think I could get by with less.

Other tourists
I dislike other tourists. They touch the art and are chained to the viewfinder of their camera. I wonder who ends up watching these dreadful vacation videotapes.

Famous people
Word on the street is that George Clooney and Jim Carrey are here. Oddly enough, I care enough to share this with all of you. Not that I've seen these dudes. But I thought you'd like to know.

Lice
I'm more worried about getting lice in Europe than getting mugged. I've been living in hostels. Though they are nice hostels, they still have loads of people in them. There are never very many bathrooms. On top of all this, I haven't done laundry since the Netherlands. If I smell, no one has told me yet.

Kosher gummi bears
I was at the Jewish Museum today. They were selling kosher gummi bears at the snack bar. I got some because I was hungry, as usual. The museum was actually very interesting. But I kept getting distracted by every beautiful Jewish boy on the planet that showed up in the Museum. Why weren't you there today, Ryan? Everyone else was. Man, I can't wait for the email from my sister about that comment.

Like a zombie movie
The streets of Berlin were like 28 Days Later (Or was it 28 Days? One of them is a Sandra Bullock movie. The other has all the other zombies. I think Later is the zombie one.). It is a Sunday and it is damn cold, so I guess everyone stayed inside. This led to one very disturbing walk from the Jewish Museum to the U-Bahn station at dusk. I am glad I didn't wait until much later. I hid that I was scared by compulsively eating the kosher gummi bears still in my pocket.

Those are the headlines, kids. Until tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

28 days later was the zombie movie. Its kind of funny how it takes the same amount of time for the entire UK to go to hell as it takes Sandra Bullock to get her shit together. All I know is that those silly legged stuffed monkeys are not your friends. Especially if they are hiding heroin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home