Lost American Tour

2.16.2006

Gatwick

I have a layover in London right now. London Gatwick to be specific. This is the first time I didn't get anal probed going through customs. I think this is either the 4th or 5th time I've been through here. I feel like a total tool going through customs. I get all panicky because these people grill you so hard. I had to list every country I've been to on this trip. I think I bored the dude to death. And I was having serious issues making eye contact. Don't know why.

I almost had a heart attack leaving Berlin today. I kept waiting for my train to arrive to take me to the airport. It seemed like it was never going to come. I was about to freak the hell out, but I made a deal with myself that I'd wait for one more train, just to see.

It is so nice to hear the english language. Seriously, the hell with guys with accents who speak other languages. American men are definitely underrated. That's probably the last time in my life I'll ever say that.

There will be something better here later. I can't actually remember what I wanted to blog about.

Here's a lame story anyway:
Last night, I go into this resturant and am having a complete failure to speak german. I ask if anyone there speaks english. The woman motions to this dude she identifies as her son. I ask her son if they have any menus in english. He says no. I sit down anyway and think I can probably handle translating the menu. Then he comes by and gives me a menu. The menu is in english. I make this confused face at him, but proceed to order in German. I decided my crap German was better than his english. At the end of the meal, I tipped him at least 25%. Which is sort of a ridiculous tip in Europe, but he was trying so hard and he was nice enough about helping me out.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in Spain, I realized that American men were underrated as well....it's a weird phenomenon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home