Lost American Tour

2.18.2006

Some Girls Are Realer Than Others

I love being a passive tourist with other tourists. My pictures are going to look amazing. Our guide is fantastic and a bit hungover from last night. We had to pound on his door when he was 30 minutes late to get started this morning. I didn't go to the club last night. I sacked it in early because I need the occasional hour of me time to function in girl world.

These girls. I just don't know about them. Like, the other night one took a picture of her friend's crotch and was like "That's for your mom." So then the other girl stuck the camera down here shirt to take a picture of her cleavage and was like "That's for your mom." This whole exchange took place in the pub where we were eating dinner. Then all the other girls proceeded to do cleavage shots. Even the Australians. Somehow, I was hopping they would be immune.

I don't even know what to say about that besides relay the story.

Our guide made us a mixed tape. It was really silly listening to some songs off Green Day's Dookie while racing around the Irish countryside. He was driving at breakneck speeds. I feared for my life. Well, not really. It just reaffirmed my belief that I have to be alive right now. I definitely wore my seatbelt, though. Which is lame. Because all that stood between us and the cliff on the right-hand side of the road was a little rock wall. Yeah, the seatbelt would totally help me plummeting to an untimely demise.

So, yeah, I have this bad habit. It started in middle school. Basically, some people appear more real to me than others. It is really lame, but I still sometimes think about it. Basically, it is like certain people are in color and others are in black and white. I can never really tell who will turn out to be real or not. It isn't like the real people will be loud or funny or tell good stories or anything like that. So all my friends would generally be considered real. And I'm thinking this while on this life-or-death bus ride by the cliffs of moher. And then I start to think about all the people I've lost touch with over the years. It wasn't like it was sad or anything, I just started to wonder what they were up to. And I wonder if they think the same thing about me sometimes. And jesus I should delete this paragraph because it is really stupid.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber,
I don't know if you still have your MTU e-mail address anymore, so can you e-mail me your home address so we can send you a wedding invitation?

-Russell

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that same habit about some people being more real. When I haven't seen people for a long period of time, even the real ones get a little less real. Then I start to wonder what kind of undiagnosed mental illness this indicates.

Got your postcard on Monday! It totally made my day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home